Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead slightly. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 18 servings.
1 each: 217 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits
"These rolls are DELICIOUS!!! They have become a staple with just about any soup recipe! If the soup is homemade - and it usually is - then these are the only rolls worthy of all your hard work!! The sweet nutty taste marvelously compliments a salty soup. My kids go crazy for them! Be careful not to roll them out too thin. Allow them to be thick and yummy! I try to take these out of the oven at the last minute so they are at their best!!"
"These biscuits are moist & delicious. Our favorite! Sometimes I add the nuts sometimes I don't. Wonderful either way. I like to serve them with homemade apple butter. Yum-yum!"
"It also works with almond chunks. The hubby hates walnuts."
"My brother-in-law loved these and I like making them. They are really good. To go with supper or for a treat."
"These were great but i left out the nuts."
"These are wonderful. My whole family loved them. Thank you."