Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
Back in the 1920's and '30's Mom always had something good for us to eat when we got home from school. Her wood range had an apron right by the firebox, and Mom often left a plate of these warm wonderful biscuits waiting for us. What a treat! —Mrs. India Thacker, Clifford, Virginia
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead slightly. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 18 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 217 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC