Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts. In another bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead slightly. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sort By :
"These rolls are DELICIOUS!!! They have become a staple with just about any soup recipe! If the soup is homemade - and it usually is - then these are the only rolls worthy of all your hard work!! The sweet nutty taste marvelously compliments a salty soup. My kids go crazy for them! Be careful not to roll them out too thin. Allow them to be thick and yummy! I try to take these out of the oven at the last minute so they are at their best!!"
"These biscuits are moist & delicious. Our favorite! Sometimes I add the nuts sometimes I don't. Wonderful either way. I like to serve them with homemade apple butter. Yum-yum!"
"It also works with almond chunks. The hubby hates walnuts."
"My brother-in-law loved these and I like making them. They are really good. To go with supper or for a treat."
"These were great but i left out the nuts."