Nutty Sweet Potato Bake
Even people who say they don't like traditional sweet potato dishes come back for more of this yummy casserole.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups cubed cooked sweet potatoes or 2 cans (40 ounces each) cut yams, drained
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, milk and butter; mix well.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir gently. Pour into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in butter
- and pecans. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 336 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.