Nutty Sweet Potato Bake with Raisins and Marshmallows
"THIS SWEET POTATO casserole could be a dessert—it has just the right touch of sweetness. But we serve this tasty side dish with our meal, like most people do with their own favorite sweet potato recipes. It goes so well with turkey and all the trimmings."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes and enough water to cover in large saucepan or
- Dutch oven. Cover and cook for 25-35 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain; cool slightly and peel. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Stir
- in butter, sugar and raisins. Place in a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle
- with nuts and marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30
- minutes or until heated through and marshmallows begin to brown.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 182 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.