18-20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 18 to 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In
- a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onion in butter for 5
- minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; set
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, Parmesan cheese,
- salt, basil and cayenne; add mushroom mixture. Stuff firmly into
- mushroom caps.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Serve
- warm. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.