Nutty Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Basil, Parmesan cheese and mushroom blend together well, while buttery pecans give these treats a surprising crunch. Our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren always ask for them!
- 18 to 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil and cayenne; add mushroom mixture. Stuff firmly into mushroom caps.
- 3. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Serve warm. Yield: 18-20 servings.
1 each: 41 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Stuffed Mushrooms
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"They're snatched up fast at parties!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC