Basil, Parmesan cheese and mushroom blend together well, while buttery pecans give these treats a surprising crunch. Our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren always ask for them!
- 18 to 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil and cayenne; add mushroom mixture. Stuff firmly into mushroom caps.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Serve warm. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Stuffed Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Nutty Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2009
"They're snatched up fast at parties!"