Nutty Snack Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts. Spread into two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, onion powder and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cranberries. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 cups.
1/3 cup equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Snack Mix
"I doubt I will make this one again. Doesn't have much flavor beyond the flavor of the nuts."