Nutty Snack Mix
This toasty mix from our Test Kitchen is a little spicy, and a whole lot of tasty! Make it for that long car ride to grandma's house, or for the New Years party. No matter when you serve it, this mix will be a hit!
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts. Spread into two
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl,
- combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika,
- onion powder and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and toss to
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cranberries.
- Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium,