This toasty mix from our Test Kitchen is a little spicy, and a whole lot of tasty! Make it for that long car ride to grandma's house, or for the New Years party. No matter when you serve it, this mix will be a hit!
Recommended: 27 Protein Powerhouse Snacks
- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and nuts. Spread into two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, onion powder and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 300° for 20 minutes, stirring once. Stir in cranberries. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Nutty Snack Mix in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p61
Reviews for Nutty Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2010
"I doubt I will make this one again. Doesn't have much flavor beyond the flavor of the nuts."