Nutty Shrimp Salad Sandwiches
My daughter is a terrific cook and likes to come up with original adaptations of old favorites. As a matter of fact, she created this tropical-tasting shrimp salad.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Line pita halves
- with lettuce; spoon about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture into each. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.