Nutty Salmon Recipe
“I’ve been making this super-fast microwave dish for 20 years,“ shares Vicki Ruiz from Twin Falls, Idaho. “It couldn’t be easier or more delicious, and I always get compliments…even from people who don’t normally like fish!“ VICKI’S TIP. “Any leftovers make great salmon patties the next day. Simply add an egg and cracker crumbs to hold the salmon together, then fry in butter until both sides are golden brown.”
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- Place the almonds in a small microwave-safe bowl; add butter if desired. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until almonds are browned, stirring twice. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish; top with almond mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Salmon in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p24
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Nutty Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2012
So quick and easy. Tastes great too!
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2009
Very tasty and simple to make! Perfect for when you need an impressive meal in ten minutes!!
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >