Nutty Rhubarb Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add egg mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in rhubarb and nuts. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 259 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Nutty Rhubarb Muffins
"Wasn't crazy about the rhubarb. The second time I made these, I added cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the muffin dough and served them as cinnamon muffins. Oh and I used a mini muffin tin and subtracted a few baking minutes. Delicious."
"These are the best muffins ever. I bake a LOT of muffins, and these absolutely top the list. I've never really enjoyed rhubarb until I made these. Even my very picky husband said these were amazing. They rose beautifully and had a very nice texture - not too dense and not too dry. I will definitely be making these again. I need to plant more rhubarb."
"Delicious!!!!! Will never try another recipe!"
"These muffins are Great!!! They are so easy to make. I have had this receipe for over 15 years and I look forward to making them every spring when the rhubarb is fresh."