This is one of the ways I use the rhubarb that grows abundantly here. I know people like this recipe, because I've been asked many times for it.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add egg mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in rhubarb and nuts. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Rhubarb Muffins in Country June/July 1993, p51
Reviews for Nutty Rhubarb Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review