- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add egg mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in rhubarb and nuts. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Nutty Rhubarb Muffins
"Wasn't crazy about the rhubarb. The second time I made these, I added cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the muffin dough and served them as cinnamon muffins. Oh and I used a mini muffin tin and subtracted a few baking minutes. Delicious."
"These are the best muffins ever. I bake a LOT of muffins, and these absolutely top the list. I've never really enjoyed rhubarb until I made these. Even my very picky husband said these were amazing. They rose beautifully and had a very nice texture - not too dense and not too dry. I will definitely be making these again. I need to plant more rhubarb."
"Delicious!!!!! Will never try another recipe!"
"These muffins are Great!!! They are so easy to make. I have had this receipe for over 15 years and I look forward to making them every spring when the rhubarb is fresh."