Nutty Pumpkin Muffins
This medley of harvest flavors makes these muffins perfect for cool fall mornings. But my family enjoys them year-round, so I always have the ingredients on hand for fresh-from-the-oven goodness.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews or walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water. Combine
- flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into
- pumpkin mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined
- muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack.
- Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium,