Nutty Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews or walnuts
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Nutty Pumpkin Muffins(3)
Sort By :
These were moist & delicious & easy to make. I added 1/4 tsp. each of nutmeg & ground ginger, and put pieces of the chopped walnuts on the top of each muffing before baking. It made them more attractive. Next time I will substitute Splenda for part of the sugar and applesauce for the oil to reduce the calories.
I replaced the oil with Smuckers Baking Healthy oil substitute and the sugar with Splenda Blend for baking. This saved 140 calories calories and about 10 grams of fat, reducing the calorie count to 168 per muffin. I also added some nutmeg and cloves in addition to the cinnamon. They were delicious, definitely a keeper.
I switched the oil with applesauce, added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and allspice.They turned out wonderful. My family loves pumpkin cookies this recipe will be added as a pumpkin favorite.