Nutty Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe
Roll out this well-rounded dessert from June Mullins - and get set to harvest plenty of compliments. "It earns me rave reviews whenever I serve it," attests the Livonia, Missouri mom. "My youngest daughter shared the recipe with me. It's a hit at her house, too."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:10 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Gently roll up; place seam side down on a platter. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 335 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC