Nutty Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice mix
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the walnuts and honey for 4 minutes or until coated. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon. Stir-fry the water chestnuts, celery, onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Add the coleslaw mix, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lemon juice, sesame oil, rice and 1/2 cup walnuts. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add pork; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Nutty Pork Fried Rice
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer