Nutty Pork Fried Rice Recipe
“Every time I make this versatile dish, I’m told I should send it in to share with readers," says Becky Reilly of Cheney, Washington. "It’s so quick, easy and tasty! It makes a great side dish or filling ’bowl meal’ with meat.” Honeyed walnuts and water chestnuts add crunch to the buttery rice-and-pork blend.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice mix
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the walnuts and honey for 4 minutes or until coated. Spread on foil to cool.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon. Stir-fry the water chestnuts, celery, onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the coleslaw mix, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lemon juice, sesame oil, rice and 1/2 cup walnuts. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add pork; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Pork Fried Rice in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Nutty Pork Fried Rice(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >