Whoever receives this crunchy concoction is guaranteed merry munching. The snapped-up-in-seconds party mix features a combination of sweet and savory flavors. —Zita Wilensky, North Miami Beach, Florida
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, nuts and coconut. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, corn syrup, coffee and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until coated.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 12 cups.
Originally published as Nutty Popcorn Party Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p106
Reviews for Nutty Popcorn Party Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2009
"This makes an excellent snack mix and is absolutely loved by all who come here to share special days with us. We will be making this many more times and keeping the recipe."