Whoever receives this crunchy concoction is guaranteed merry munching. The snapped-up-in-seconds party mix features a combination of sweet and savory flavors. —Zita Wilensky, North Miami Beach, Florida
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, nuts and coconut. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, corn syrup, coffee and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until coated.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 12 cups.
Originally published as Nutty Popcorn Party Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p106
Reviews for Nutty Popcorn Party Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review