Nutty Pear Spinach Salad Recipe
Pear slices and some dried cherries, crunchy pecans, spinach and blue cheese combine to make this special savory salad from Laurie LaClair of North Richland Hills, Texas. "This elegant and impressive salad draws oohs and aahs every time I serve it," she notes. "Guests always think I've fussed, so I keep it my little secret that I can prepare this salad in 15 minutes!"
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pear, pecans, cherries and blue cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 554 calories, 47g fat (8g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Pear Spinach Salad
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2011
"this is a fantastic salad"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC