- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the baking mix, pecans and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken
"Very moist and crunchy. I omit the sage and it's still great!"
"Very good most chicken. Loved the taste."
"Excellent! I mixed equal parts of powdered milk and water instead of evaporated milk and it turned out well. Love this recipe."
"really good and easy to make but it is time consuming. Best made on a sunday afternoon. but i loved the flavors here"
"Nice and easy to make."
"Very tender and moist inside, but I expected it to be crunchy outside and it was not. Taste was pretty good."
"Have made this once and will make again. Excellent!"
"I have made this more than any other recipe for gatherings since it was in Taste Of Home in 1993 and everyone loves it."
"This recipe is amazing, not sure why it did not get better ratings. The chicken comes out extremely moist & tender. I use boneless breasts and pound them to about 3/4" thickness--seems like you get more coating that way and they cook quicker too (usually around 25-30 min). I have subbed regular milk for the evaporated with no noticeable difference. I have made up the coating mix ahead of time and stored in the fridge just so I have this on hand for a quick dinner--it's that good!"