Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken
The pecans that give this dish its unique nutty flavor are plentiful in the South, and so is chicken. I love to make and serve this easy dish because the chicken comes out moist, tasty and crispy.
—Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the
- baking mix, pecans and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then
- coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is
- golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.