The pecans that give this dish its unique nutty flavor are plentiful in the South, and so is chicken. I love to make and serve this easy dish because the chicken comes out moist, tasty and crispy. —Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the baking mix, pecans and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review