- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the baking mix, pecans and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Nutty Oven-Fried Chicken
Sort By :
"Excellent! I mixed equal parts of powdered milk and water instead of evaporated milk and it turned out well. Love this recipe."
"really good and easy to make but it is time consuming. Best made on a sunday afternoon. but i loved the flavors here"
"Nice and easy to make."
"Very tender and moist inside, but I expected it to be crunchy outside and it was not. Taste was pretty good."
"Have made this once and will make again. Excellent!"