Nutty Orange Spritz Strips Recipe
While living in Wisconsin years ago, I participated in an annual cookie exchange with my co-workers, and the other women raved about these. The unique recipe now holds a treasured place in our family cookbook.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluff. Beat in egg and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a bar disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 3-in. pieces (there is no need to separate the pieces).
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are golden. Cut into pieces again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each end of cookies in chocolate mixture, allow excess to drip off. Roll in walnuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 176 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Nutty Orange Spritz Strips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC