- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook onion and pecans in butter until onion is tender. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, orange juice, mustard and salt; stir into the onion mixture. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in beans; heat through. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Nutty Onion Green Beans
"I had some left over fish and bought some fresh green beans to go with. OMG! If i could give this 6 stars I would. A few adjustments due to lack of ingredients. Used slivered almonds, didn't have pecans. Will try it next time with pecans. Not a fan of orange, so I used lemon. Used 1/4t. kosher salt, due to the sodium in the mustard and butter. I will be making this again for sure."
"MIght want less on mustard, it was pretty powerful tasting when I made it.Otherwise it was tasty. will make again."
"These were awesome! I rec'd beans in my food coop basket and had to use them somehow. This recipe has changed my previous attitude of 'green bean hater' to 'hey, get your own. these are mine!'"
"Very easy to make! This works well with frozen green beans too. The orange and nut flavor is amazing with the beans!"
"We made ours with a sweet onion since I didn't have a red onion on hand. Quite good. Will make again."