Nutty O's Snack
Almonds add a nice nutty flavor to this tasty snack. It's perfect for potlucks and not too sweet. Served in a decorative dish, basket or tin, it has a golden holiday look. —:Karen Buchholz, Sitka, Alaska
21 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole almonds
- In a large saucepan, heat brown sugar, corn syrup and butter until
- sugar is dissolved. Stir in cereal and nuts; mix well. Spread onto
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Cool for 10 minutes; stir to loosen from pan. Cool completely. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 16 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 296 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.