Nutty Marmalade Sandwiches
In McCook, Nebraska, Iola Egle makes batches of fun-filled sandwiches to freeze for a few weeks' worth of brown-bag lunches. "They taste so fresh you would never know they were ever frozen," she reports. "The marmalade flavor in this hearty combination really shines through."
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 slices bread
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, marmalade, cheese and
- lemon juice. Spread over three slices of bread; top with remaining
- Freeze for up to 4 months. Remove from the freezer at least 4 hours
- before serving. Yield: 3 servings.