Nutty Marmalade Sandwiches Recipe
In McCook, Nebraska, Iola Egle makes batches of fun-filled sandwiches to freeze for a few weeks' worth of brown-bag lunches. "They taste so fresh you would never know they were ever frozen," she reports. "The marmalade flavor in this hearty combination really shines through."
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 slices bread
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, marmalade, cheese and lemon juice. Spread over three slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- Freeze for up to 4 months. Remove from the freezer at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Marmalade Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p34
Reviews for Nutty Marmalade Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >