Nutty Maple Muffins
Sweet, moist and laced with delightful maple flavor, these muffins are packed with pecans. They freeze well and taste as good with walnuts instead of pecans. —Betty Rupert, Chatham, Ontario
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups Oatmeal Crisp Almond cereal
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, syrup and oil; stir in
- cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the
- flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Stir in sour cream mixture just
- until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 219 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium,