Nutty Maple Muffins Recipe
Sweet, moist and laced with delightful maple flavor, these muffins are packed with pecans. They freeze well and taste as good with walnuts instead of pecans. —Betty Rupert, Chatham, Ontario
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups Oatmeal Crisp Almond cereal
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, syrup and oil; stir in cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Maple Muffins in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p45
Reviews for Nutty Maple Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review