Sweet, moist and laced with delightful maple flavor, these muffins are packed with pecans. They freeze well and taste as good with walnuts instead of pecans. —Betty Rupert, Chatham, Ontario
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups Oatmeal Crisp Almond cereal
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, syrup and oil; stir in cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Maple Muffins in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p45
Reviews for Nutty Maple Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review