Nutty Mandarin Salad Recipe
Sugar-coated almonds give this lettuce salad just the right amount of crunch. Whenever I make this for luncheons, it's always a success.
- TOASTED ALMONDS:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sugar, butter and water, stirring constantly, until a syrup is formed. Add almonds; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until almonds are coated and browned. Set aside.
- 2. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. In a large bowl, combine greens, oranges and onions. Break almonds apart and add to salad. Add dressing and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 134 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Mandarin Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC