Nutty Lemon Coffee Cake Recipe
One morning about 20 years ago, a neighbor invited me over to help her "taste" this new recipe. Now every time I make this delicious coffee cake, it reminds me of my good friend in back in Ohio.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, mix sour cream and extracts.Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture. Mix well. Spread half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top; sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Lemon Coffee Cake in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p61
Reviews for Nutty Lemon Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2013
This coffee cake is very delicious. Took it to church and it went fast. Recommend it highly.