One morning about 20 years ago, a neighbor invited me over to help her "taste" this new recipe. Now every time I make this delicious coffee cake, it reminds me of my good friend in back in Ohio.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, mix sour cream and extracts.Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture. Mix well. Spread half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top; sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Lemon Coffee Cake in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p61
Reviews for Nutty Lemon Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2013
"This coffee cake is very delicious. Took it to church and it went fast. Recommend it highly."