- 3 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, optional
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 gallon peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces or peanut butter swirl ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and cinnamon. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, malted milk powder, milk, chocolate chips and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and orange extract if desired. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle peanuts over crust; spread with ice cream. Freeze. Top with chocolate sauce. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Ice Cream Delight in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p62
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nutty Ice Cream Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review