Nutty Ice Cream Delight Recipe
"We fell in love with this recipe the very first time we tried it," relates Carol Gillespie from Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. "Not only do the cookie crust and thick rich chocolate topping come together easily, but adults like the layered dessert as much as children do," she points out.
- 3 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract, optional
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 gallon peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cup pieces or peanut butter swirl ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and cinnamon. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, malted milk powder, milk, chocolate chips and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and orange extract if desired. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle peanuts over crust; spread with ice cream. Freeze. Top with chocolate sauce. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Ice Cream Delight in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p62
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nutty Ice Cream Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review