Nutty Ham and Apple Sandwiches
Almonds and apple add a pleasant crunch to these our-of-the-ordinary sandwiches. For a little variety, try substituting a different kind of bread or cheese.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Spread mustard on each slice of bread. On four slices, layer the
- lettuce, tomato, cheese, ham and apple. Top with almonds and
- remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.