Nutty Green Salad
From Delray Beach, Florida, Barbara Robbins shares her recipe for a deliciously different summery salad just for two. You’ll want to try this light curry-orange dressing!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 8 Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- CURRY CITRUS DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the salad greens, carrot and pecans. In a jar with
- a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.