Nutty Garlic Brussels Sprouts
I had never made brussels sprouts before and my husband didn't like them, but for the sake of variety I tried several different ways to prepare them. I came up with these few ingredients to enhance them. The recipe is simple but very tasty.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Place brussels sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan
- over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10
- minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, cook garlic in butter over medium heat for 1
- minute. Add the brussels sprouts, walnuts and onions; heat through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 342 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein.