Nutty Fudge Torte Recipe
This dessert is so yummy and beautiful, you'd never guess it's easy to make (it starts with a convenient packaged cake mix). Rich, moist and fudgy, it never fails to draw compliments...as well as requests for the recipe. —Kay Berg Lopez Island, Washington
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon 2% milk
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and additional toasted pecans, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and cinnamon until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process pears until smooth. Add to remaining cake mixture with eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Drop melted chocolate by tablespoonfuls over batter. Combine the pecans, water and reserved cake mixture; crumble over chocolate.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen.
- 5. Remove sides of pan. Combine caramel topping and milk until smooth; drizzle on serving plates. Top with a slice of torte. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 317 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Fudge Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC