Nutty Fudge Torte Recipe
This dessert is so yummy and beautiful, you'd never guess it's easy to make (it starts with a convenient packaged cake mix). Rich, moist and fudgy, it never fails to draw compliments...as well as requests for the recipe. Kay Berg Lopez Island, Washington
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon 2% milk
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and additional toasted pecans, optional
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk; stir until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and cinnamon until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- In a blender, cover and process pears until smooth. Add to remaining cake mixture with eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Drop melted chocolate by tablespoonfuls over batter. Combine the pecans, water and reserved cake mixture; crumble over chocolate.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan. Combine caramel topping and milk until smooth; drizzle on serving plates. Top with a slice of torte. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Fudge Torte in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p39
Reviews for Nutty Fudge Torte(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Fudge Cake >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >