Nutty Fruit Medley
Ruth Glick coats apples, grapes, banana and walnuts with a creamy dressing to make this Waldorf-like salad. "I experimented with many different versions of this recipe until I got it just right," says the Apple Creek, Ohio cook.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large red apples, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, grapes, banana and walnuts.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and salt; pour
- over fruit mixture and toss gently to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 165 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.