Nutty Fruit 'n' Cheese Tray Recipe
Starting with packaged cheese cubes hurries along this lovely display. But trim your grocery bill by buying blocks of cheese and cutting them yourself, and trim time by using plain walnut or pecan halves instead of making the Candied Walnuts. Cost: $38.16 We stacked 12-inch, 10-inch and 8-inch cake plates to create this tiered display.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed Swiss cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 1 pound green grapes
- 1 pound seedless red grapes
- 1 medium honeydew, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Candied Walnuts
- Slice pineapple in half horizontally. Cut top half of pineapple into 1-in. wedges, leaving intact. Transfer to a serving platter. Peel and cube remaining pineapple. Arrange cheeses, fruits and walnuts on platter. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Fruit 'n' Cheese Tray in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p54
Reviews for Nutty Fruit 'n' Cheese Tray
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review