Nutty French Toast Recipe
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Place bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and syrup until smooth; spread over bread. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 783 calories, 36 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 267 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 97 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.