These classic Christmas cookie has stood the test of time. The recipe makes a nice-sized batch, which gets you in and out of the kitchen. —Elsie Hendrickson, Hays, Kansas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Nutty Fingers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p75
Reviews for Nutty Fingers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review