Nutty Date Muffins Recipe
These muffins are easy to make and can be mixed in just two bowls, making cleanup speedy. This is a pleasant-tasting date muffin with a nice texture, compatible with many meals. Deborah Ader, Sullivan, Indiana
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the dates and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Nutty Date Muffins in Reminisce Extra October 2004, p52
Reviews for Nutty Date Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review