A good friend gave me this recipe. I've made it often, and everyone loves it.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- CINNAMON-NUT TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Top with filling and remaining batter. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Coffee Cake in Country August/September 2004, p51
Reviews for Nutty Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review