Nutty Cracker Delights Cookie
I always receive compliments when I serve these crispy snacks. Both sweet and salty, they're fun as appetizers or for munching. They freeze well, too, so you can make them ahead if you're planning a party.
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 42 Club crackers (2-1/2x1 inch)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Place crackers in a single layer in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add
- sugar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; add vanilla. Pour evenly over crackers;
- sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Immediately remove from the pan, cutting between
- crackers if necessary and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.