Flavors of hot fudge, caramel, chocolate cookies and ice cream all combine in every mouthful of this fabulous frozen dessert. No matter how big the meal, folks will find room for this treat! —Cheryl Melerski, Harborcreek, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon cookies and cream ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream. Layer with peanuts, ice cream toppings and whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Cookies & Cream Dessert in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Nutty Cookies & Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review