- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place cabbage and peanuts in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs and cream until frothy; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining dressing ingredients to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Gradually beat into egg mixture. Return to heat; cook and stir over low heat until mixture thickens and coats a spoon. Set aside to cool. Pour over cabbage; toss to coat. Refrigerate. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Coleslaw in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p59
Reviews for Nutty Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review