Nutty Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, wafer crumbs and strawberry preserves. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 truffle equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Nutty Chocolate Truffles
"I made this recipe for the holidays & the truffles were really delicious! I gave them to friends who enjoyed these scrumptious candies! They're so easy to prepare! Dawn Lowenstein"