Nutty Chocolate Nuggets
My family can't get enough of these chewy, chocolaty drop cookies. They're so quick and easy to fix that I can whip up several batches even during the busy holiday season.
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in
- chocolate. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add
- to chocolate mixture. Stir in the nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: About 3-1/2 dozen.